Friday 12 October 2012

Five Brushes I Cannot Live Without




Hello Beauty Addicts!

  My brush obsession has taken me to a place over the years where I have now collected a mixed up collection of brushes from all over the place. One day a few years ago I decided to throw everything out and buy myself a 21 piece brushes wrap from the German company, Fraulein 3.8 . Since then I've thrown out any of the ones I don't use and replaced them with a few staple brushes that I couldn't believe were not included to begin with. After all that though, I have just five brushes that I cannot travel, live, or generally do without. So here they are, the staples of my collection:


1. This first brush frankly is the brush that if it's missing from your collection, I ask you, how do you keep your makeup on? It's the Faulein 3.8 Powder Brush (Third from the right.) The Fraulein brushes come in a variety of sets, I got these with the red bristles and they're surprisingly soft for the low price. Most importantly for me when talking about face makeup brushes is after the first wash these brushes are definitely minimal fall out and therefore an investment of under £15 pounds goes a very long way.

2.  These next two are both Fraulein's again - can you tell I'm a fan? The Fraulein 3.8 Blush Brush (Fourth from the right.) is the perfect domed shape brush to get the wind bitten blush and for any other powdering needs as it's basically a smaller version of the powder brush. 


3. My third staple as I said is another Fraulein but this time it's the Fraulein 3.8 Concealer Brush (First one.) Actually when I saw this brush I wasn't sure what it was. Personally I think it's too big for anything in the eyeshadow field and does indeed look like a mini foundation brush for which reason I've took to using this to blend my concealer and now I couldn't do it with my finders knowing that this brush gives flawless application.
 


4. Finally we move onto a different brand! I don't like heavy foundations as I'm not much for coverage, just an evening out of skin tone and for which reason I've been struggling to find a brush that gives even and light layers of foundation. The RealTechniques Stippling Brush when used in circular motions effectively eliminates pores as the duel-fiber brush really works foundation into the skin for a flawless skin feel coverage. 

 
5. My fifth and final brush is one of the best blending brushes I've ever used. The No.7 Blend and Contour Eyeshadow Brush is a few years old now just like my well worn one but it's still as soft and amazing as the day I bought it. This brush has stark white bristles and is therefore very easy to tell when it needs washing and I love the size. It's big enough for smudgy blends but small enough for accuracy if you've got awkward creases like me. 





So there you have it, my staple kit brushes that I need in my life. Care to share, what are your brush must haves? 

Bye addicts!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.