Wednesday 30 January 2013

Another little something I found ;)









So you will not believe what I found the other day. Hidden somewhere in a folder on my memory still I found my birthday haul (from September) that never saw the light of day. I feel like I should put quotations around it or something. Either way, original intro included, please enjoy my very outdated birthday haul. I have made a few adjustments, were necessary.

Finally! 

It’s been a while, trust me I know, but after a brief spot of illness I’ve finally got around to it. So as some of you may already know I turned 18 on Saturday (of last year) and all I can say is that my family clearly know me very, very well. (I have left out gifts from my friends as this post was incomplete and I can’t quite remember what everybody got me, sorry!)
Disclaimer/Brightside: I may have been ill but I have had almost a week to try out each product so my opinion is 100% my own – unless stated otherwise. As usual this isn’t meant to be a show off it’s simple a haul and a collection of honest product reviews. 



1.       So first up was actually the last present from my parents that I opened.  My Mom decided to play the tease and said ‘I don’t know if you’ll like this one, we can send it back if you don’t.’ Do you recognise it? I know I did. Yes this featured on my August wish list and now it sits proudly in my bag draw.  So instead of me gushing on and on about how many hugs my Mommy received for this one I’ll just let you read again what I said last time I went on a love rant for this thing:
“If I see a bag and fall in love in an instant, it’s pretty safe to say that on closer inspection I’m going to find that it’s a Fiorelli. Whilst dragging my rather unlucky boyfriend around the bags I 
stumbled across a shoulder bag that took my breath away. Now it you haven’t already guessed, I’m a big bow fan and this does not disappoint. This bag has sparkles. It has prints. It has texture! What more could you want. And all for the not so bargain basement price of £39. But when did you ever get a Fiorelli for a fiver?” Taken from: http://www.topkattv.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/august-wish-list.html
Cue excitement! 

2.       Perfume. I thought I would do these ones after the others as I received perfume from my Mom (I say my Mom because my Dad deals with all the gadget type presents and Mom tackles the beautician in me)  and boyfriend (at the time) . The first bottle that I opened was the new Roberto Cavalli perfume. I do believe it’s the first fragrance but if not don’t hesitate to correct me. I firsts got a whiff of this perfume from a sample from which magazine I can’t remember, it may have been ELLE. It was love at first smell(?) I suppose. I have a big bug bear for people who describe a perfume by saying, ‘It’s... sweet, but musky, and fresh at the same time. It’s a little oriental, kinda floral...’ It always leaves me sitting there thinking, ‘erm, what now? It can’t be all of those.’  And yet I stand corrected, there is indeed a perfume out there that smells like all of those and more. This unique fragrance seems to be constantly changing on my skin. Sometimes it smells like chocolate, other times like walking through a meadow. It’s a wonder. 

3.       My next enthralling fragrance was one of my all time favourites that I may have carefully hinted to my then boyfriend that I loved (loved the perfume that is). I’m a big fan of all of the Christina Aguilera fragrances but By Night is definitely tops of her range for me. Beware though, this is very sweet so if you’re not a hard core ‘wish you slept on a bed of cupcakes’ type girl then I wouldn’t really recommend this as an every persons fragrance. 

4.       Whilst I love a good surprise my dear Mama kept quite strictly to a list of things I fancied. On that list was our next item, Benefit’s ‘Porefessional’ primer. I’ve been wanting to try this for a while and it certainly does the job. Pore minimising: check.  Matt: check. Long wearing: Definitely. This product leaves skin with a very very smooth base and soaks up oil like you wouldn’t believe. I decided that seeing as I’d been neglectful of my moisturiser whilst bed ridden I’d forgo this product as I was afraid it might dry out my already parched skin. Wrong! We’re talking oil slick by the time I got to college and I soon found myself in the bathroom dabbing this product on. It’s multi use with a hint of concealing power which means it can be used underneath make up and on top of foundations like a liquid blotting paper. 

5.       Last beauty related item from my Mom was the Nails Inc. Caviar Top Coat and Base Coat set. I’ve had these before and absolutely loved them. I’m a nail freak and there’s nothing I hate more than a chipped manicure. This set ensures that you’re polish is good to go all week and the top coat is super glossy. Mom also threw in a Nails Inc. Nail buffer as she knows I’m a big Nails Inc. Fan and let’s face it, why bother painting your nails if they’re not buffed to shining perfection underneath. You look after your skin under your make up, why not your nails!

So that’s a somewhat condensed version of my birthday beauty haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.