Saturday 2 February 2013

From Comfort Food to Comfort Face




February is upon us and I'm sure we're all looking forward to that special day; when we come home to find our loved one hot, sizzling and drizzled in chocolate sauce.... I am of course (ya naaaasties!) talking about Pancake Day! For those of us who are not going to be graced with a big box of Ferrero Rocher on the 14th of February we can start our celebrating two days earlier with some equally tasty treats. Pancakes are indeed delicious but they are also the perfect comfort food to get us through a months worth of loved up couples so today I'm going to share with you my comfiest makeup picks.



 Eyes - As I'm currently in the first week of my AuNaturel Challenge I've rediscovered a mascara and eyelash primer that I am in love with. This duo just makes my lashes so feathery and stops those nasty, uncomfortable clumps that fall into your eyes all day. Makeover Essentials Mascara Duo takes the number one spot on my ultimate hassle free eye makeup.


ME Mascara Duo







Cheeks - Cream blushes are always more comfortable than powder for me because I know they're going to stay were I put them all day. As I have combination skin I'll admit I haven't experimented much with cream blushes but recently - before my spending ban - I purchased Top Shop's Blush Duo (Which is now sold out!) in the sale for just £3. The colours included in the set are Morning Dew (left) and Head Over Heels (right) I think... Either way these melt into the skin all lovely and when applied with a stippling brush are so comfortable to wear.











Lips: What would I do without my Clinique Chubby Sticks? I received the five piece Chubby Stick set for Christmas and these things are just a dream. They're super moisturising and the perfect mix of sheer and pigmented. I love. Simple as.







DARK<br/>RED


Nails: This will seem like a weird one, but although it's bold I feel the Korres Dark Red Nail Polish is the perfect 'go with everything' shade. I've been wearing it constantly since I got it from my Secret Santa this Christmas. The only thing I don't like is the name - I got mine in a set called 'Black Cherry' which is much more exciting that 'Dark Red'. Each to there own, I suppose.









So those are my comfiest of comfy makeup products. All of the above are stress free and make me feel ready to look gorgeous whilst I curl up with my pancake mountain.

Have a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.