Wednesday 9 January 2013

Is Liz Earle getting a run for her money?




Look familiar?


For Christmas this year I begged and begged for the Soap & Glory FabPore Hot Cloth Cleanser. The reason I set my sight on this is because it came as part of a Christmas set from Soap & Glory along with Bright Here Bright Now, their illuminating moisturiser that has become a huge favourite of mine over the last few weeks.

No we all know about the infamous Cleanse & Polish from Liz Earle but I want to have a little talk about whether she might be getting a little run for her money. Be prepared for ingredient comparisons, value for money, product size, actual usage results and a general ramble on the other hot cloth cleansers out there.


Soap & Glory FabPore.
  • FabPore comes in a 4.6 stars average rating on the Soap & Glory website. 
  • RRP of £10 makes this an affordable little addition to your skincare routine. 
  • A little goes a very long way, which is good at 100ml per tube.
  • Packaging is very pretty but of average quality. 
  • Cloth included. 
  • Ingredients: (The Good Stuff) Panthenol, Natural Sweet Almond, Orange and Lavender essential oils.




  • List as long as my arm in beauty awards. 
  • RRP of £14.25 for 100ml.
  • A pump! That may sound like a sill advantage but it just makes life easier.
  • Solid packaging but no different to your average plastic can.
  • Cloth is very good quality. 
  • Ingredients: (The Good Stuff) Beeswax, Eucalyptus, Glycerin, Hops Extract, D-Panthenol, Cocoa Butter, Rosemary Oil, Chamomile.




(Ignore the following white box, apparently Blogger and Microsoft Word aren't compatible. Who knew!)

For me Liz Earle is a bit of a miracle but there’s always a little bit of a Earle bandwagon to be jumped on. Now I’m alright with a leap of faith but let’s face it, we’re talking about whether £4.25 extra is worth it.  Value for money is always important to me but what is £4.25. It’s a meal deal at boots, or perhaps it’s a new pair of earrings (if you’re savvy enough) I even bought a Mango t-shirt for £4.75  the other day so there’s a lot you can do with 50p and that extra difference.


So it really does, for me, come down to product quality and I’ll admit I’m torn. On the one hand I can spare the extra £5 for a really good quality cleanser  and at the same time I can’t help but think I can put up with a product that does a very good job, maybe doesn’t quite measure up but does save more money in the long run.

So there you have it, a little competition. If Liz Earle is a 10 then Soap and Glory’s a definite 9.

So what do you think? Who’s closing in on the finish line for best cleanser?


Some more hot cloth cleansers hitting the market:

-          Sanctuary Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser (125ml)
-          Sarah Chapman Skinesis Ultimate Cleanse (100ml)
-          This Works Clean Skin Gentle Cleanser (120ml)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.