Thursday 10 January 2013

Site Seeing: 2012 on the Tinterweb




 


Have I said welcome to the New Year yet? Yeah, probably I know. This year I discovered some amazing sites, websites that is and I thought I’d share with you some of my favourites from 2012. 

Some of us are better at forking out massive amounts of money for products that we’ve never tried before. I’m a little more try before you buy so I wanted to find a site that gave me the opportunity to try out new things, without paying £10+ which I just can’t afford now that I’m unemployed. So my first site of the year is Latest In Beauty. This site does a lot of different but the main three are their LIB Collection, Little Beauty Box and Luxury Sample. 

The LIB Collection are boxes created by Latest In Beauty experts Boxes of full size products for specific needs. Want a beauty box designed for pampering? Or maybe even Mother and Baby. Either way, there’s at least one box for you. (Boxes are not a monthly subscription.)

The Little Beauty box is a box that costs you only £1.50. Take the beauty profiler. Like the recommended products? They arrive at your door. It’s as simple as that. All paid for in one text. 

Lastly the Luxury Samples. As it sounds this is the place to buy travel size samples of that massively expensive eye cream you want to try, but at a fraction of the price. But don’t be silly. Work it out value for money against the full size thing, including postage. And be aware that some things, the eye cream again, can last for months.

Wow, that’s a description! Let’s not ramble like that again.

The biggest thing to happen to me this year is obviously starting this blog and I don’t think I could have done that without SheSaidBeauty. Think… Facebook, but with makeup. Follow bloggers, there are some famous people on there, another way to keep up with Essie Button and the lovely Megan Isobel. So here it is, new blog posts with show up on your newsfeed, like products and brands, upload photos, don’t tag people, tag what you’re wearing on your face and connect up your blog, YouTube, facebook, twitter so that everyone knows when you’ve got a new post and how they can follow you. It’s a small but vastly growing community. 

This next site is a little bit of wish fulfilment. FantasyShopper is basically Sims for outfits! You can browse hundreds of shops and collections, add them to you online wardrobe and put them together to make outfits and share them with other site members. It also keeps a tally of how much your outfit costs. For me I use it as more of a shopping tool because you can just click buy and Fantasy Shopper will take you straight to the item at it’s supplier and I’m sure we all know how to internet shop. 

Last but not least of a biggy! We all know it but this year I’ve fallen even more in love with plain old simple… YouTube! I cannot even tell you how many amazing things I’ve learnt from YouTube this year. My subscription list has certainly grown and it’s been lovely to see how massive the beauty community is and it keeps growing. Can’t wait to discover more amazing people on YouTube this year.

And there you have it. What have been your big online discoveries this year?

Ta Ta for now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.