Friday 18 January 2013

MUA Haulin'






If you have me on Twitter, which most of you don’t! You’ll know that I went out to Superdrug the other day for a bit of an MUA haul. After being rushed along I only ended with two products which I thought I’d do a quick review of for you. 

The first product I picked up, and this was more of an experiment. The Matte Perfection Shine Control Foundation is only two pounds which is why I decided that if I don’t like it won’t kill me to throw it out. I wasn’t expecting this product to stand up to my more expensive foundations but you can never judge a book by its cover. Some of my favourite products are very cheap so anything is worth a try even if this only became an emergency foundation. I have mixed feelings about the foundation. On a daily basis I only really use foundation or conceal on blemishes and around my nose as my blackheads are more noticeable there.  
Matte Perfect Shine Control FoundationThe packaging is pretty much what you would expect. It is cheap but it’s easy to look past that. I found that on first application the product matched my skin tone well (I use the shade –Fair) as the product is fairly neutral, perhaps a little on the yellow side which is good if you’re trying to combat redness. I felt that whilst this is supposed to me matt the finish was dewier than I expected but once set with setting spray and powder the product gave a healthy glow without shine. Throughout the day I found the foundation did keep shine at bay however the finish wasn’t as good as I would hope and it became slightly patchy as the day wore on. Coverage is definitely light and would work much better for evening wear when it’s not being battered by the elements. This is the foundation I would buy if I was ridiculously skint because for the price, it’s not too bad but, as I expected, it doesn’t match up to any of my other foundations.

The second product that I grabbed was MUA’s new Fixing Mist. RRP of £5 has been reduced to £4 pounds in Superdrug which is where MUA is sold exclusively. The bottle is 85ml which seems small but is bigger than Collection 2000’s £5.99 Fix Me Up Makeup Fixer.  Compared to most budget makeup fixing sprays this is almost fragrance free. It has a slight sent but unless I’m really paying attention I barely notice this. I would have liked this to be more ‘misty’ when sprayed, as suggested by the name but otherwise this does dry quickly and I have noticed a difference in how long my makeup lasts. This was tested with my regular foundations, not the MUA one. If you’re looking for a good but cheap fixing spray or you’re new to makeup fixers this is a good one to go for as it’s cheap enough and small enough that if you don’t like the product, you having paid a small fortune for it as you would for a Skindinavia or Urban Decay setting spray.


QUICK HINT: Skindinavia and Urban Decay’s product are the same formula but Skindinavia is cheaper. 

So if you’ve got any budget beauty finds that are must haves let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.