Sunday 17 February 2013

Bring in the Suits





So this week I took some time to really reflect on my favourite award show of the lot. I had promised to do a big BAFTA's analysis and select all of my favourite dresses and makeup masterpieces, as I've enjoyed reading about everybody else's favourites. However I've noticed that there just isn't enough love out there in the blog world for our wonderful leading men. Personally I think all of our favourite prince charmings were looking extraordinarily dapper last Sunday, despite the current penchants for beards... no comment on that Movember hangover...

Here's my countdown of the top ten BAFTA beauties in suits.

Bradley Cooper

Whilst I'm undecided about the scarf - yes, it was cold - I think there's a certain amount of effortless cool going on here. At the end of the day, look how shiny that man's hair is!




Daniel Day-Lewis

Ah! Daniel. Now I must say that this leading man has had me swayed since Last of The Mohicans. Now don't judge - it's my favourite film. I was shocked to see how, erm, not so well he was looking in Lincoln but isn't it amazing what you can  do with makeup? Either way, scrubbed up to perfection, Daniel Day-Lewis is sporting that bow tie like nobodies business.





George Clooney

I have to admit, I'm not a Clooney fan, but as it happens there is actual scientific study into his, allure? Our George here actually conforms exactly to the Greek's 'Golden Ratio' which means he's actually scientifically perfect. Now I'll leave that up to you to decide but both Hugh Jackman and George Clooney were shown to be fighting off the cold with some very fetching overcoats. Raise a cheer to our practical men.





Hugh Jackman

I do like the Clooney blue but Hugh Jackman just pips him to the post for seventh place by throwing a bow tie into the mix. Now, as this countdown continues you'll see that not only is there a bow tie vs. tie rivalry going on but also that I have a love for the unusual. However, no cravats? Okay, maybe that's for the best. I digress. Jackman looks just about ready for anything, strolling down the London streets or doing his thing on the red carpet. What can we say, the man's a pro.





Henry Cavill

Okay, okay, I know Superman looks amazing in anything but are we not loving the swarve taking place? As far as I'm concerned the Cavill style is a no gimmicks look. There's no weird hair styles or dodgy scarves, (yeah, you can tell I wasn't too fond) just your classic tall, dark and handsome. Winning sixth place with some impressive lapels and a kick of the James Bond swagger, it's Henry Cavill.
                                                                          



Jeremy and Toby Irvine

Can I hand out an award for cuteness. Brothers, or twins separated by time as I like to think of them Jeremy and Toby Irvine are pulling out the matching suits card. That's just plain sneaky, but apparently it works. I'd like to draw your attention to the silk lapels that are a common red carpet accessory now, turning any old suit into something a little bit special. Well done all round in the Irvine family.




Tom Hiddleston

It's interesting that I left Ben Affleck off this list because I just wasn't feeling the chunky black tie but Tom has clearly been listening to some very fashionable people because just by slimming that black tie down the entire look embodies casual sophistication. Plus he looks pretty clean cut too.





Eddie Redmayne

He's come a long way since Savage Grace, has he not? Oh well, he was amazing in that too. Whilst Eddie was too ill to attend the actual award presentations and is looking a little peaky here he still managed to rock the red carpet. It seems Redmayne and Irvine had similar ideas suit wise but for me the hair just gets it. Another inch may have been bumping into Jedward territory but it's hard for men to make statements at this type of occasion so Eddie, his shiny shoes and wonderful hair take third place.




Make way for the top two of BAFTA 2013: Dave Berry and Alex Zane

Are those... waistcoats? Praise the lord that these two decided to grab their own personal style by the horns. I wanted to have a draw BUT I did make a decision and Alex Zane just sold me with his pocket watch chain just peaking out. That having been said, and the top shot having been sold I'm loving the casual, no-tie style donned by Dave Berry.





Until next year...


In case you missed it:

The World According to Moi

Kiss Me Quick

Drugstore Makeup Tag




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.