Monday 25 February 2013

February Five Steps





Hello!

Recently, as I've been committing whole heartedly to my challenges I wanted to set myself some more goals. I thought, knowing me, a weekly themed post is just going a bit too far. I know. I know. Pathetic. However, I thought monthly, I can probably handle that. I've therefore decided that every month, a few days before I change the Image of the Month, I'll do a five step tutorial of the look in the image. Sound good?


This month, in honour of my eyeliner withdrawal, I chose this throwback look of Taylor Momsen. Ya know, when the raccoon eyes were there but she hadn't discovered the hair to match yet.

Go grunge and follow:

Step 1: Prime your eyelids, face and under eye area. You can do this with specific primers that work with your skin and a separate eye primer if you want. You're aiming to smooth out the skin, tackle any issues such as enlarged pores, oily skin etc.

Step 2: Using a creamy black eyeliner, gel liner or black cream shadow, create the shape. Line the lower last line, the water line, tight line, and the entire eyelid. Follow the natural shape of your eyes. Do NOT create a wing.

Step 3:With a black eyeshadow, use a packing brush, or your finger, to set the base. I like to use the glittery Oil Slick by Urban Decay but you can use a dark grey if you like. Play around with satin, shimmer or matte finishes as you wish. Use a fluffy brush to blend out harsh lines around the eye to create the smoky effect shown above.

Step 4: Dust away any eyeshadow fallout from the face, curl lashes and apply two coats of mascara in an upward curling motion to open up the eyes as you're using dark colours.

Step 5: Let your eyes do the talking and apply a light pink lip balm. Done.


And there you have it. This is the perfect grunge look for that 'do you want to come out in five minutes?' call at 1 o'clock in the morning. Emo chick in under ten minutes. See you in March!


In case you missed:

Kiss Me Quick

The World According to Moi

Bring In The Suits


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.