Tuesday 4 September 2012

Glaminator à la Scotland (Look One)


Hello Beauty Addicts!
In light of my recent trip to Scotland I thought I would take a trip back in time and share with you some of my favourite (and not so glamorous) looks.


Let’s get started! I was pretty careless on this holiday and didn’t actually get a snap of this outfit but I should have. This is the look that I wore for the Edinburough Fringe Festival. I wanted a black and gold look with a bright red lip to match the colour of the festival. Enter in my theme for the outfit.

I discovered this top in the sale at Lipsy when I was in Shrewsbury and fell deeply in love from the very first sight. It was the very last one and it was in my size. I knew it was fate. Unlike this picture I paired it with a pair of skinny jeans from River Island and some bright red Faith wedges. Unfortunately, the shoes are of a very old line and have been discontinued but any red wedge will suffice! I favoured mine as they have a gold leaf type material (not real gold of course!) thread through the wedge and a nice big heel to show it off. This top also has a transparent black back so a good pair of comfortable heels that encourage good posture were also a must. Bandeau optional ;)

Accessories!

http://topkatttv.blog.com/files/2012/08/image1xxl1.jpgAccessories are my favourite part of any outfit but for this one I kept things simple. I started of with a gold four point pyramid ring that I acquired through my ASOS haul during the 70% sale – which is still running by the way but at 50% off instead – and considering the set of two, one gold, one black, were so cheap they are absolutely fantastico quality. It would seem I’m not the only one who thinks so as they sold out like hot cakes! But no fear, check out the links list at the bottom for some great alternatives.

Now the sun was definitely out for the Fringe this year and I chose to protect my eyes with my River Island sunglasses. The link at the bottom of the page is for the River Island site but I snapped up mine for just £5.50 from ASOS. (Unfortunately sold out now!) I loved the detailing with the bow on these as they reminded me of the Chanel sunnies. The pop of purple colour on the shades is also gorgeous. These are over sized, which I love because you can go very minimal on eye make up and just add a bright lip and nobody will be none the wiser… oh, and of course the fact that they fully protect the eyes.

Last but not least I pulled everything together with an old gold wrap braclet from Top Shop.  This is definitely an optional accessory but FluerDeForce has recently replenished her stock in the wrap bracelet department, especially the rose gold, which is beautiful.

Finishing Touches.

Whilst flipping through a magazine in the hairdressers I came across this cute hairstyle and recreated it for the festival. Here is is in just simple steps.
  • Flip your head upside down and french braid until you reach where you would usual place your high ponytail then keep braiding with the hair you have without picking up anymore hair. Secure with an elastic hair tie. This does not have to be neat!
  • I like to leave my fringe and some loose strands around my face but you can backcomb the hair and brush it back into the pony tail. Gather your hair into a high ponytail including the braid and secure with a strong hair tie. Your ponytail should be high enough that the braid at the back can be seen clearly.
  • Wrap the remaining braid around the hair tie to hide it and pin into place.
  • Finally, smooth fly aways or you can leave them loose to create a more editorial look. Hair spray the entire look and add finishing touches. This could be hair clips and accessories. For me,  I like to curl my ponytail and backcomb it a little.
Makeup:
17 Photo Flawless Primer
Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer
Collection Fix Me Up Long Lasting Makeup Fixer
Rimmel Scandal’Eyes Show Off Mascara
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – colour: Fire and Ice
And there you have it, my first ‘take on Scotland’ look. Next up I’ll be showing you my little black dress and talking about why you should never buy heels from Primark!
Bye Addicts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.