Tuesday 30 October 2012

Halloween Horrors!


Happy Halloween Darlings! 

I think it's time to share with you some of the all hallows eve horrors that I have been loving this year. I wanted to truely pay homage to some of my favourite bloggers with this post as their work this year has not failed to inspire me. I also want to share some trends that I've seen going around his year coming up to Halloween that are, in my opinion, creative and really making Halloween as wacky as it ought to be.

My first shout out has to go to MissJen FABULOUS (Click, click, click!). Our Jen has been doing some fantastic nail tutorials with autumn from halloween candy inspires trick or treat, to blood stained vampire fangs. Personally though I can't wait to try out her spooky pumpkin nails! 





After seeing the lengths that many YouTubers were going to this season I couldn't help but have a scout around for my favourite Halloween make up and it doesn't get much better than these two offerings from Pixi2woo, A.K.A Tanya Burr, and dope2111. For me these are the all out real deal as far as crazy make up goes. Want to know how to create gruesome cuts, why not try out Tanya's Zombie tutorial. If you want something a little more pretty but horrific then I think dope2111's incredible Corpse Bride look is pretty inspiring.

 

 

 

  It's time to get creative in the home and if you're like me and pumpkin carving isn't exactly you're forte, then perhaps a change of tactic is in order. I recently discovered these 'lantern pumpkins'. They're as easy as drawing your lantern in permanent marker and cutting out the windows. Artistic talent needed is minimal and the only skill you need is cutting in a straight line. If we can master liquid eyeliner I think we can handle this. 

Last but not least, grab you scissors and glue lovelies. It's time for a bit of cutting and sticking. Simply lay a piece of cardboard inside the shirt so that you're only cutting the one side and snip away. If you're worried about mistakes just sketch out your design lightly with a pencil before hand.  
This next one can be as simple as you like. If you're a bit more domestically inclined then you can stitch your shapes, as shown on the green and black design to the left, to create a neat effect, or simply glue them for a more rugged look. Use the fabric you cut from your other T-shirt to mak eyes, a nose, whatever you like. Go wild and add that cute collar if you really feel like it :) 
 Happy Halloween Addicts. 
Trick or Treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.