Friday 2 November 2012

The Beautiful Big Screen






Hello Beauty Addicts,

I've been thinking about this post for quite a while mow, thinking, how am I going to present these looks. Should I do individual posts with tutorials? Or should I just stick with a classic show and tell. So here's how it runs. I wanted to create a post with what I have narrowed down to my favourite TV shows or movies BEAUTY wise. These shows/movies are not necessarily my favourite things to watch but they are the ones I've watched and thought, 'wow, their outfits are amazing,' or, 'I just love her make up.' Then I thought, that's all well and good but how do we make these looks real. So here's what I'll do, I'm going to do a top five and then recommend what I feel would be the fundamental product to getting that look, yes? Yes.

If you guys want to see tutorials for any of the following, let me know! Because they're all awesome.


1: The Debt.

I'm a huge sucker for a spy movie. Thanks to my Dad I've grown up on a huge action heavy diet, meaning this 1965 set remake of the 2007 film of the same name is right up my street. However for me it's Jessica Chastain's make up that steals the limelight for me. This slightly rouged lip and deep set brown eyes is just awakening all of my early 1970's love. This look it just all about the eyes, sultry and doe-eyed all at the same time. To achieve this look I'd be looking for some super smooth eye shadows which is exactly what you get in the Rimmel Glam'Eyes Eyeshadow Quad in shade Smokey Brun. This quad provided four colours from highlight to contour allowing you to adapt this smokey brown eye to your eye shape.


2: Game of Thrones.


Yeah, you guessed it. How could I not put this in here with those hairstyles! Daenerys Targaryen's (yup, without even Googling the spelling)  hair veil is surprisingly easy and can be adapted to almost every hair length. All you need is a pair of crimpers, or plaits over night, some hairspray to give Dany's waves some volume and some clear elastic hair ties. As entertaining as it would be to give you a run down of each piece of hair involved, I think I'll leave it to YouTube's very own Game of Thrones hair expert LaDollyVeta33 to show you how it's done.


Oh, and product? The hair rings she wears are quite intricate from what i can see but some regular styling hair rings are fine. I like the look of the Regal Rose ones.


3: The Tudors.

Anybody who knows me well will know that the recent Virgin Media Tudor Marthon combined with my current Tudor's study at college has got me pretty much hooked on this period of history. In the show, as beautiful as Henry Cavill is, it's difficult not to love the soft rouge but barely there make up his wife Catherine Brooke (historically Catherine Willoughby) played by the stunning Rebekah Wainwrigh. This look is all porcelain skin, thick brows and most importantly that subtle rouge lip. The perfect product that springs to mind for me is Soap & Glory Cheekmate. Let's face it, I've mentioned it before in my Seven Shades of Autumn post,and I just love the stuff. 


4: Hunted.

Guns again! But wait, hello, who is doing  Melissa George's wardrobe in this show! Kicking some serious ass as Sam Hunter we've seen Melissa in everything from swanky LBD's to a beautiful dusky pink blazer in that very first episode and I cannot get enough of her style.It's impossible to just pick one look but how about Sam's distressed denim jacket and long scarf combo? Ya know, when it looked pre-shoot out hot.

Jacket:
The Boyfriend Grunge look: Forever 21 Destroyed Denim Jacket


           AllSaint Warp Scarf


5: Roman Holiday.

This is going to be a quick on as you don't really need to say anything other than: LOOK AT THOSE EYEBROWS! We all know Audrey has some serious eyebrow going on in this film, and pretty much all over the place in the 50's and there's nothing like the IT Cosmetic Brow Power.  This brow pencil is retractable at one end and has a spooly brush at the other to keep your brows tip top and Audrey perfect all day.




Let me know which TV shows and movies get you style pulse going.

Bye Addicts x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.