Monday 19 November 2012

Boots Points Treats: Mini Reviews.





Hello! 

The recent points event at Boots really got me in the mood for Christmas and spurred me on to start getting my Christmas shopping done stat. The event meant that for every fifty pounds you spent, you got twelve pounds worth of Boots point on your card. I also had a voucher to boost the total. May have been slightly helped by the obscene amount of money I spent as well but that's besides the point. 

At the end of buying all my lovely Christmas presents for everyone else I decided to use my points and buy myself some treats. I jumped headfirst into Boots' three for two offer (okay, so it's not the first time this season) and bought myself two items I've been eyeing for awhile and my free item, but more on that one later.
Kick Ass Concealer™
The first products that I've been lusting after for a long time now is  Soap and Glory's concealer. Kick Ass Concealer is a three step concealer compact that has an eye brightening corrector, a facial blemish concealer and a translucent setting powder. My views on this product are a little mixed. I love the idea of this compact, it's super cute and great for travelling and touch ups, perfectly handbag sized. The consistency of the product is good too. The only thing I don't like is the colours. I have very very pale skin but the light concealer just wasn't a match for me at all. I got the medium. I can only assume that they will bring a darker one out at some point as it seems to be strange that they have light and medium. Why not just light and dark if there are just two? A mystery. The translucent powder is just white, it's way to light so I've been using it as a matt highlighter, which is always great to have, but still not what I brought the product for. As for the concealer, the brightening corrector is just too light for me, it makes my under eye area look very strange and mismatched to the rest of my face, the blemish concealer is far to dark. On the plus, whilst it is a hassle, I have found very good results in combining the two shades so for that reason it wasn't a total loss. It's also a lot more matt than my Collection 2000 one, which I love, but it's not as multi purpose as I can't really use the concealer on large areas. Overall, with the £10 price tag I'll give this product a 7/10.


Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm, FrenzyThe Revlon sections sits right next to Soap and Glory in my Boots store. In seeing it I was reminded of the frantic conversation I had with my best friend over whether I wanted to buy  the Passion or Frenzy shade in their Just Bitten Lipstain. I originally bought Passion and loved it and couldn't help going back for the red/plum colour that is Frenzy (think the mental image of when Rob Pattinson talks about his vampire frenzies in Twilight, yikes!) but yes, it does have that blood red, I've just vamped up my look impact. I won't ramble on about this lip stain as you can read exactly what I thought of it in my Kiss Proof Colour post along with several other lip stains out there.


Last but not least was my free product and let me just say this was a chance find. Due to the lack of time I challenge my friend Luke to choose me a product to get free. Don't worry, I chose some backup myself just in case. However, like a true shopper at heart he headed straight for the Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick. With a little bit of careful guidance I eventually walked away with the shade Cherry Candy. This lipstick is just sheer enough to look strangely natural and yet still give you a full colour pout. This shade comes the 'The Shine' collection so it's ultra moisturising and well... as you'd expect, shiny. These lipsticks are a bit similar to the Revlon Lip Butters in their consistency so they aren't particularly long wearing but do build well when reapplying so it's not a problem for me as I always have a mirror handy. 


So have you treated yourself to anything nice lately? Let me know! 

Bye x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.