Wednesday 14 November 2012

Why I Wear Makeup Tag.


How I feel wearing mascara :) Well, not quite.


 Hello Amigos!

After doing my It's Only Makeup post I wrote up my answers to the 'Why I Wear Makeup' tag. At some point it got saved in a blogger file somewhere whilst I was looking for some photos or something equally unimportant and I forgot to upload it, so here it is. Why do I wear makeup?


1. When did you begin wearing makeup?

I started wearing makeup when I was about thirteen. Now, when I say wearing make up I do not, by any means, mean wearing it well. For example, this picture. Now ignore the glasses, the red eye and the freakish pale glare I'm getting of that flash. Look a bit closer, oh yes, that is red eyeliner! All over my lid. I think for me wearing makeup was just a natural part of growing up but also a weird way of expressing myself when I got to high school. That age is pretty hard to figure out who you are and makeup was my way of saying 'look, I'm a grown up' even if I wasn't.




2. How do I feel without makeup?

How  I feel without makeup really depends on who I'm with. If I'm at home with my family I don't even think about the fact that I'm not wearing anything on my face and it's shiny with moisturiser. With friends I actually prefer it that way (Monkey-Mouse is revealed :)). If I'm going out then I feel quite awkward without it, you never know who you're going to meet and a lot of people, however wrong to do so, do judge on first impressions. I definitely feel more confident when I'm wearing makeup, especially for an evening out.



3. What do I like about makeup?

Buying it. As much as I love makeup I also really love buying it. Now maybe that just because it's of my shopaholic tendencies but there's just so much of it and everything is so colourful. Plus, unless I'm being really extravagant it doesn't cost half as much as a new dress. Makeup is the one think I can buy and KNOW that I'm going to wear it, unless I hate it of course. Makeup, whether it's buying it, putting it on, or just wearing it is an experience and it's the experience I enjoy.

4. My 3 Holy Grail items:

Wow, that is difficult. I have thinks that I'm loving at the moment but holy grails! I think I'll have to start with my foundation. I'm a bit of a foundation whore but I always end up going back to the Max Factor Xperience Foundation it's just so light and matt that I end up going to the mirror to give my makeup a touch up and then thinking, 'oh, it's not even shiny.' My second holy grail is my Collection 2000 Multiplier Mascara. This mascara is sooo cheap and so amazing. It thickens, lengthens and curls all at the same time and it's the perfect consistency formula. Lastly, my No.7 Natural Blush Cheek Colour in the shade Melon. It's an older blusher that's changed since No.7 went through their major revamp but Melon is pretty close to the shade I have. It's the perfect buildable, pigmented and matt blush that I have and I feel like I can wear this and nothing else because it just makes me look alive.


And that, my friends, is why I wear that colourful makeup stuff. What about you? Why do you wear makeup?


Bye!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.