Wednesday 28 November 2012

Clinique Gift Review

Hola!

It's time for me to stop being lazy and start getting on with the Christmas madness. I'm having so much fun buying all of my presents, especially those for my secret santa :) and I couldn't help buying myself a few gifts along the way. Recently I've been spending a long time browsing the Clinique website and adding pretty much all of their Christmas gift sets to my list to Santa. So whilst I was in House of Fraser and I saw they were giving away a free makeup bag with lots of lovely minis inside. I thought seeing as I had two products in mind that I wanted to buy I would and the fact that I haven't used Clinique for a while now that I would just bite the bullet and rekindle my love for the brand.

So here's a little review of all the products inside (because the bag itself is fairly self explanatory) and I'm also going to do a little count up of how much the bag is worth. I'll divide up all the ml's, don't you worry, just leave the maths bit too me.

So starting from the left we have the Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturiser (15ml = £10.40)
I'm not sure what I think of this product. Granted I've only used it for a few days now but I fully intend on replaying my usual overnight cream with thins until the sample runs out to get a really good idea. So far though I am very impressed. Like I said, I haven't really noticed any lasting results but when I put this on at night it just feels indulgent. It's a perfect creamy consistency without being too heavy and absorbs within seconds. It's non greasy as well which makes it more comfortable for overnight as there's nothing I hate more than rolling over in bed and that really heave face cream that refuses to sink in just goes ll over your pillow. Final verdict: gorgeous and fuss free.

The Take The Day Off Makeup Remover (30ml = £3.84) is the star product in this bag for me. I really love oil based makeup removers as they just break down the makeup but this product is a miracle. The smallest amount of this and the makeup just slides of. It feels almost dry when you sweep it across the eye and doesn't tug or irritate the eye area. Plus it's suitable for contact lens wearers like myself so that's a bonus. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this product and it's at the top of my repurchase list.

Just right from the above is the first step in Clinique's 3 step process. The Mild Liquid Facial Soap (30ml = £2.25) I've found pretty much does what a lot of reviews have already said. It feels lovely and lathers up nice but it is a little drying. I wouldn't fancy using this with the very strong Clinique toners and you really do need the Turnaround... Moisturiser to give the skin that extra moisture. However this does leave the skin clean and soft which I like. If all I need is a good moisturiser then I can't complain that this gel wash really does strip away oils.

This next one is a bit of a oops as I haven't actually used it yet. This is definitely more of a first impressions review so yeah, it's the Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream (40ml = £3.20)

Okay! So after that embarrassment we move one of the products most suited to my picky tastes, the High Impact Mascara (3.5ml = £7) I wouldn't use this mascara alone for a night out because I have a five step system for my lashes (Which I will be sharing later this week, hint hint, wink wink.) but for day time wear this mascara has just about enough lengthening and volumising potential to be a lovely addition to any make up bag. It's definitely not a wonder product for me but it's mane selling point for me is it's defining power. The brush really separates the lashes and the formula isn't clumpy. I just wish it was a full size... *sigh*

Last but not least is the Superbalm Moisturising Gloss in Currant (7ml = £6.76) This lip gloss is much like any other. It's very much bang in the middle of what I like to think of as sticky glosses and wet glosses. The shade is also good, very good for a bag like this in fact as it comes out quite neutral so it'll suit pretty much everyone. I found that one coat of this in the morning really did last most of the day without drying up, settling into lip lines, gathering at the corners, you know, all those things you get with some glosses. Overall, an average product, no complaints but not my favourite.


So with a final total of £33.45 plus the price of the makeup bag I'm really really happy with this gift. With it only being a case of buying two Clinique products you don't have to spend a fortune to get this lovely set of indulgent items and if you've had a break from Clinique like I have it's a lovely way to get back in touch with their products.

If you're thinking of treating yourself this offer, as far as I'm aware, is only running in House of Fraser stores, NOT Clinique as a whole.

Hope everybody's having a lovely run up to Christmas and don't forget to buy presents for yourself too!

Bye. xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.